Crash Doors Technical Details
Technical Information re our Flexible PVC Doors (Crash Doors) is listed below.
Book FREE Survey
If you require any further details please call us on 01935 473708 we'll be happy to help you. Alternatively use our contact form and we'll get straight back to you.
Door Framework Construction
The two framework types detailed below range from light to heavy duty. The 'Multiflex' and 'Interflex' Frames house a vertical spring unit mechanism in the top of each door tube. The mechanism is a double action, adjustable tension, torsion spring unit concealed in the door frame and is virtually maintenance free.
- Multiflex - Manufactured from 43mm o/d heavy wall mild steel steam tube, with horizontal gusset plate and vertical mild steel flats to hold the panel in position. Suitable for use in many applications, dependant on panel choice. They are ideal for internal openings but can be used on semi-external / external openings dependant on site conditions. They allow access by pedestrian, hand or powered traffic on openings up to 2400mm wide by 2600mm high.
- Interflex - Manufactured from 60mm o/d heavy wall mild steel steam tube, with a horizontal gusset plate and vertical mild steel flats to hold the panel in posiition. Suitable for semi-external / external openings dependant on site conditions, for use by pedestrian and powered traffic. Offering a heavier duty construction than the Multiflex, these doors are suitable for use on openings up to 3000mm wide by 3350mm high.
NOTE: On openings above 2600mm wide the triangular guset plates will be replaced by horizontal top tubes.
Choosing the correct door panel type can extend the lifespan of your flexible crash doors. The panels shown below are available in new doors and can also be supplied as replacements for existins crash doors.
- Panel Type 1 - All clear PVC 7mm or 10mm thick, suitable for light traffic. The most economical option available and allows maximum visibility.
- Panel Type 2 - Seeflex 7mm or 10mm thick PVC with a coloured lower section welded to a clear upper section. Also available in sandwich style, i.e. coloured upper and lower sections with a clear centre section. Recommended for manual traffic.
- Panel Type 3 - Composite clearflex. A black rubber lower section and a clear PVC upper section with the joint between the materials being effected by a ribbed rubber buffer strip. Combinations available:- 7mm PVC / 8mm rubber or 10mm PVC / 12mm rubber.
- Panel Type 4 - Black rubber or coloured PVC with a rectangular aluminium framed perspex vision panel, Rubber available in 8mm or 12mm. PVC available in 7mm or 10mm. Vision panels 460mm x 150mm or 610mm x 230mm. Triangular vision panels are also available.
- Panel Type 5 - Black rubber or coloured PVC with a 281mm diameter aluminium framed perspex vision panel. Rubber available in 8mm or 12mm. PVC available in 7mm or 10mm.
- Panel Type 6 - Sandwich clearflex. Black rubber upper and lower sections with a clear PVC centre section. Joints between materials being effected with ribbed rubber buffer strips. Ideal for forklift traffic and higher doorways. Combinations available: 7mm PVC and 8MM rubber or 10mm PVC and 12mm rubber.